Monday, November 17, 2008

VIPS

I never understood the long, long queues in VIPS, the Late night convenience store- cum-restaurant. And now I'm even more mystified. I always suspected the place to be bad, not for any particular reason just that there are so many VIPS around. Anyway, my girlfriend asked me if I wanted to go to VIPS for breakfast on Saturday. Seeing that it is just around the corner and I fancied something more wholesome than a croissant and a coffee I agreed. She ordered an English Breakfast and an American Breakfast for me. The difference between the two is that the American comes with pancakes instead of a toasted breadroll and the English also has a glass of freshly pressed orange juice, which I drank (sorry darling). So both have scrambled eggs and bacon. There is not a lot that can go wrong with scrambled eggs and bacon and toasting a bun isn't exactly rocket science either, but the pancakes I don't know... They looked nice. I'm sure you have heard of food being referred to as chewing gum, well this was Hubba Bubba dreck. I did go out on a limb and actually swallowed some pancake which landed in my stomach with the force of a meteorite. To settle things down a bit I drank some of my Cafe con Leche which tasted like it had been brewing for four hours and again all I could think about was writing on my blog and would VIPS be suitable material, because you have to be a bit of a sucker to go to VIPS for a meal. Anyhow, you have to be a total idiot to queue for it!

No comments: